Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kindergarten


Well, another school year has started, but this time I have a kindergartner. Seems strange to me...oddly fun and exciting...but yet strange. I guess that is because I never pictured myself having one again. I mean I had life all figured out! My child was grown, I was going to travel with my best friend and do what I wanted to do (emphasis on "I"). Wow, was that plan ever off...lol. But I know He has a plan for me every step of the way and a reason for why I have the children I do and He knows the lessons I need to learn. Maybe I need to be more like a Kindergartner...


The old saying goes that everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten. So trustful at that tender age of our caregivers. We learn to be accepting of others, sharing, caring, how to stand in line and wait your turn, speak nicely to people. At this age, they are such sponges, sucking up everything you say and do wanting to please you. They want to learn more and more and explore with excitement what is around them.


Well, why should I be any different for our Father in heaven? Sometimes we get so lost and tied up in this grown up world that we forget the basics. Isn't that what we learned back in kindergarten? The basics?


Be kind to one another, be accepting of each other. Stand in line and wait your turn, follow directions. Care about others around you. Let your speech be as sweet as pie lest you have to eat your own words...ahh yes the basics.


So next time someone is rude to you, has road rage, or is simply not being nice, remember, you learned the basics. Let your light shine for Him that you may be a beacon of His love for others to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment