Thursday, February 25, 2010

Coaster Ride


I had a visit from a great friend of mine yesterday. She reminded me of the passion I have for this mission field I am in. I can not tell you what a great breath of fresh air she was to me!


Remember when you were younger and you would ride a new roller coaster? The butterflies you felt wondering what ti was going to be like, would you enjoy it and most of all would you do it again? Well, foster care is kind of like that. There are days I think I am insane and that when my current placements go home, I am DONE! God has such a compassion and treats us with such grace and loving kindness, okay and A LOT of humor. He always sends me the right people, articles, smiles or hugs that melt me into wondering why I would ever think of doing anything else.


It is like a coaster though with the ups and downs the happy and the sad the frustrating and the joyous. That is why I know it takes a village to raise a child. Without the love and support of not only my family, but my friends and my church as well as other churches and foster parents, I could not do this. When the system throws you a curve, you've got them to pull you out of it.



I have a vision for this mission field that I am in, a vision of grandeur where every child lives in a Christian home receiving not only the fundamentals of life, but the fundamentals of eternal life that they can pass on to their parents or guardians or forever families, which ever may be the case for them. A vision where our lights shine so brightly for Christ that those around us in the world can not help but take notice and want to be a part of what is going on at Knott Avenue Christian Church. There they will encounter a support group called The Village and families as well as a church that are committed to the support, recovery and eternal life of each child and family they come in contact with.



C'mon, don't you remember riding that coaster with your eyes squeezed shut, arms straight in the air and mouth wide open screaming for joy? It is safe, the coaster is on the tracks, you don't need to know anything else! Christ is your coaster, He will keep you safe and on the right track through all the ups and downs, turns, hills and valleys. What are you waiting for? Get in!






No comments:

Post a Comment