Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday Monday


Well today I was one of the people I love to hate, as embarassing as it is. I lead a crazy life of running. There is always something to do or somewhere to go. Today was no exception! At work there was a crew installing new windows, a crew installing a new carport roof, a crew digging for new paver stones, a crew doing remodels on units, a crew painting the buildings and then regular maintenance things. Then the digging crew hit the gas line....wow what a mess. Not only then did I have all those workers, but now I have to shut off everyone's gas. Now can I tell you that I had SO many people calling me telling me that their stoves were not working. I had to laugh. You get the idea of my crazy day. I went to pick up my foster daughter at 6p.m. and decided to get a little grocery shopping done since my foster baby was with his parents. We are taking it easy inside the store just trying to unwind while I shop, buying baby food and some stuff for the nights dinner. I get into line and start loading onto the belt and I hear this man behind me grumble about people getting into this line with more than 15 items. I instantly felt my face flush as I stood straight up and looked at the aisle I was in. Sure enough, I had done it. I was now one of the people I loved to hate. In my complete dazed state, I had gotton into the express lane with my 25-30 items, mostly baby food. I instantly began to apologize and frantically tried to look around for a solution. His only comment was, " well you are already here now." I felt REALLY bad. How could I be so in la la land that I was inconsiderate of others around me? Then, as my face was still burning red with embarassment, it hit me as I walked to the car. How many times are we so involved in our own world that we miss the divine opportunities God presents to us? All I had to do was look up from my own life to see the BIG white sign that said Express Lane 15 items or less. Sometimes we become so enveloped in our own problems and what we have going on that we forget the master plan He has. That plan is to save sinners. They are all around us all we have to do is look up from our own plans to follow His plan. Oh, and don't forget to bring your umbrella ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment