Monday, March 2, 2009

The Learning Curve

In August of 2008, the property I managed was finally sold to new owners as well as a new management company after being on the market for close to 2 years. It was a very stressful and anxious time for me. I did not know if I would have a job and if not, then where to live as my home was tied to my employement. It was a long 2 years of uncertainty and wondering. I tried to be faithful and trusting, but that human side just kept coming out. Try as I would to let God have it, I would find myself with it right back in my lap. I remember the day the new company took over how overwhelemed and alone I felt, but God knew the plans he had for me. Don't get me wrong, everyone was so nice and understanding at the new company, but when you have worked for the same company for 14 years, it is hard to switch gears, even when you are not happy in your current situation. It is hard to tune out Satan's taunts when you are surrounded by them in the work place.



Not only did the new company hire my staff on in August, but I also won an all expense paid, 7 day Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera for myself and a guest! The property has never looked better, and I am happy at the job I have been doing for 15 years now. This company makes me feel like they care about not only the property I manage for them, but me the person. They care about what I am doing and how I can be a better me.



God continues to use this situation to show me His uncompromising faithfulness to me. He used every opportunity to ease my pain and fill me with His peace once I let Him have it all. At a time in my life filled with such uncertainty for such a long period of time, and all I had to do was let Him carry me through it. Once I truely gave it to Him, I felt such peace.


Today, as I have returned from the cruise with my best friend Wendy, I am reflecting on those days and days of wondering what would happen to me. I needed only to read Jeremiah 29:11,



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give
you hope and a future."



How awesome to know that He not only has plans for me, but that I will prosper and not be harmed. He knows what we need and when we need it! All those days of worry wasted. For He says in Matthew 6:27,



Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?



The cruise was fabulous a a blessing in itself for 2 foster parents needing a break to just be. Wendy and I just enjoyed the days watching people, talking, sleeping and of course eating. We were able to see a part of the world that we would not have seen or experienced otherwise. Again, He knew what we needed and when we would need it AND gave it to us. It was a time to re-charge for the next battles He wold have us fight at home, new callenges He would have us overcome.

What a blessing it has all been. I would not trade one day. It is all part of His plan for my life to help further His kingdom and reach His people. I now not only read the bible, but internalize it. Trying to pull forth His power in my life by recalling the scripture I read. Reading it isn't enough, you need to BELIEVE it and LIVE it.



No comments:

Post a Comment